Glaucenscens - Pigface Jam Recipe
The pulp of
the pigface plant can be used to make a jam.
2 cups of pigface pulp, 1 cup of sugar, 3 cups of water
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Place a jar
upside down in the oven to sterilise for 10 minutes
3. Separately boil water in a pot
4. Add sugar and pigface pulp to the boiling water
5. Stir until the mixture thickens and bubbles appear
6. Strain, and pour the mixture into the jar
7. Put the jar in the fridge until the jam sets
Our thanks to
Rebecca and the University of Sydney Veterinary Science Department